Monday, February 29, 2016

Thanks TSA - I think :(

We went on a Star Wars themed cruise, which meant getting BB-8 kitty-corner across the country.  So (with the help of the 12 week old kitten), we packed him in a box:
"Inferno" the Kitten helping Pack BB-8
Lego BB-8 trying out his box, not so sure about this
After a surprisingly short flight to Orlando, he popped out on the belt at the other end:
Lego BB-8, hey dude's, the arrow points "UP"

Ominous TSA Inspected tape, uh oh.
TSA apparently didn't like the Battery + Phone + Wires connected to LEDs embedded in the plastic walls of his head.  Unfortunately they weren't terribly careful getting into him to figure out what was up.  They didn't know how to get the ball apart, and then dumped the head on it's side instead of carefully nested in the ball :(

TSA didn't know how to get the top panel off, so all the panels got split
And head kinda demolished
BB-8's head after the TSA got done with it
Don't get me wrong, I totally get why the TSA would need to look at him, but I'm a bit bummed about the lack of care.  I realize they're probably in a hurry and stuff, but I'm glad it wasn't something like a Ming Vase.  But I don't think I'll be sending them Christmas cards this year.

Anyhoo, he's all better now, I'll post pix from the cruise next...

No comments:

Post a Comment